- Every single year there are billions and billions of plastic bags that end up as litter because of them being disposed of improperly. That’s a ton of waste!!! Green bags are an immediate and effective solution to this problem.
- Plastic bags eventually break down into little tiny toxic bits polluting our soil, rivers, lakes, and oceans. Reusable bags will not cause this type of waste and pollution.
- Countless animals die needlessly each and every year due to the litter from plastic bags as well as the pollution that is the result of this litter. People reuse their green bags so this will not be a problem because they will not end up as litter.
- The Production of plastic bags requires infinite amounts of oil and this is responsible for producing large amounts of green house gases.
- Plastic bags are among the 12 items of debris most often found in coastal cleanups. It is these types of observations and recordings that indicate something needs to be done regarding this issue. Reusable bags are definitely not on this list!!!
- When plastic “photo degrades”, it ends up in our rivers, lakes, and oceans. Incidentally, it appears much like plankton, and then is consumed by fish. Fish eat this disposable waste, and it winds up on your dinner table. Fish is a very popular form of food and evidently this waste is affecting what we eat as well. This environmental impact is continuing to increase every single year.
- The recycling of plastic emits heavy metals into the air causing extreme air pollution. That’s dreadful for the environment as well as those inhabiting it (YOU!!!!)
- The recipe for making paper bags starts with 1 part pulp, 400 parts water!!!! Now that’s a waste of water!!!! We are wasting one of earth’s most valuable resources. We can immediately prevent the waste of this natural resource by increasing our use of eco friendly bags.
- Greenhouse gases are the result of emissions caused by burning fossil fuels during the production of plastic and paper bags. The greenhouse effect is caused when infrared radiations from the earth’s surface are prevented from escaping into the outer space. The consequence of these actions is global warming. The solution to this dilemma is eco friendly bags.